FVR# 8: Synergy Fitness Bootcamp



What: This is a promo video for a gym's boot camp class, but it's great advertising, got me motivated and gave me some ideas for exercises I want to try.

For the first few minutes, it's medicine ball-happy starting with an some innocuous-looking jumps (swinging the ball from the floor to up over your head), then diving into variations on the plank and push-up -- with both hands balanced on the medicine ball. By the time they get to the one where they roll the ball from under one hand to the next while they do the pushup, I'm wondering if all the participants are regulars 'cause no one's having any real trouble with these moves.

Then they head outside and start crawling around (they have gloves on) right by a Pizza Hut sign. Later their doing variations on downward and upward facing dog as well as walking down walls while inverted in handstand. The video ends with a screen saying th e "The first class is free".

Why it's good: Like I said they all look like "regulars", but they're also just regular folks. You don't even see the instructor much so I think this one's got a lot of heart. It's all about the moves and what you might get out of the class if you take it. Made me want to try some of the stuff at home.

Click here to get "booted"